Thursday, September 26, 2013

At the peaks- feeling good is possible!

With all the mental processes I go through in dealing with my condition, there are those moments that come around that are just meant to be enjoyed.  After all the work of finding the right things to eat, pacing myself through certain activities, and keeping in a good state of mind, there are those moments where things just go right.  It's moments like that where you just sit back and think simple, thinking of that despite all the hardships in life and things that hold us back at times, life can be good.

As someone who is a musician where I'm constantly trying to get better and perfect my craft of choice, its often easy to forget to just be happy about your current situation in one way or another.  Adding even a little silver lining to things, even things that seem hopeless or nearly impossible to overcome can help.  Setting your mind at ease, stepping back and letting your mind come at ease, even for a moment, is something I practice all the time, even in more fast pace situations (you fellow band members know of that kind of work).

In going to the support group meetings, I've heard many stories which make my situation a pale comparison to others.  Its always amazing to hear how simple they put things in perspective and just learn to live and laugh.  Most importantly, in even the toughest moments, there will come an end to it, and overall as told to me by a fellow member who's been through it all- "Everything will be alright".  A simple phrase, but an extremely important notion to hold onto.


No comments:

Post a Comment